When it comes to designing a kitchen, choosing the right color combination is crucial. Black granite countertops are a popular choice for their durability and timeless elegance but selecting the right color for cabinets can be tricky.
In this article, we will explore different color options for cabinets that complement black granite countertops. We will also cover factors to consider when choosing cabinet colors for black granite countertops.
By the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of how to choose the perfect cabinet color to enhance the beauty of black granite countertops in your home.
Cabinets Color With Black Granite Countertops
A) Matching colors for black granite countertops
Matching colors are those that share a similar hue or tone as the black granite, creating a harmonious and cohesive look in the kitchen. Here are some:
- Ligiht-colored cabinets: White, cream, beige cabinets are a classic choice to pair with black granite countertops. They create a timeless and elegant look that can work well in both modern and traditional kitchens. Light cabinets can also make the kitchen feel more spacious and bright.
- Medium-toned cabinets: Gray, light wood cabinets can also be a good match for black granite countertops. Gray cabinets, in particular, can create a sleek and contemporary look that pairs well with the boldness of black granite. Light wood cabinets, on the other hand, can add warmth and texture to the kitchen.
- Dark-colored cabinets: Cherry, mahogany and other dark wood cabinets can create a rich and dramatic contrast with black granite countertops. This pairing can work well in traditional or formal kitchens, where the dark cabinets add a sense of luxury and sophistication.
B) Complementary colors for black granite countertops
Complementary colors for cabinets that can create an eye-catching contrast with black granite countertops.
Complementary colors are those that are opposite each other on the color wheel, creating a striking visual effect. Here are some:
- Blue or green cabinets: Blue and green are cool colors that can add a refreshing and calming effect to the kitchen. Pairing blue or green cabinets with black granite countertops can create a striking contrast that brings out the natural beauty of both elements.
- Red or orange cabinets: Red and orange are warm colors that can create a bold and energizing effect in the kitchen. Pairing red or orange cabinets with black granite countertops can create a high-contrast look that adds a sense of drama and excitement to the space.
- Yellow cabinets: Yellow is a cheerful and sunny color that can add warmth and positivity to the kitchen. Pairing yellow cabinets with black granite countertops can create a playful and lively look that balances the boldness of the black granite.
It’s important to note that when using complementary colors, it’s best to use them in moderation to avoid overwhelming the space. For example, using a bold red or orange as an accent color on an island or a few cabinets can create a focal point without overpowering the entire room.
Additionally, it’s important to consider the overall style and theme of the kitchen to ensure that the colors work well together.
C) Contrasting colors for black granite countertops
Contrasting colors can add a pop of color and personality to the kitchen when paired with black granite countertops.
Contrasting colors are those that are different from the color of the black granite, creating a bold and playful look. Here are some:
- Light blue or teal cabinets: Light blue or teal cabinets can create a soothing and serene look that complements the boldness of black granite countertops. This color pairing works particularly well in coastal or beach-themed kitchens, where the blue or teal cabinets can add a touch of tranquility and relaxation.
- Light pink or lavender cabinets: Light pink or lavender cabinets can add a feminine and romantic touch to the kitchen. This color pairing works particularly well in shabby chic or vintage-inspired kitchens, where the soft and pastel colors can create a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
- Light green or mint cabinets: Light green or mint cabinets can create a refreshing and rejuvenating look in the kitchen. This color pairing works particularly well in modern or minimalist kitchens, where the green cabinets can add a sense of nature and freshness to the space.
It’s important to note that when using contrasting colors, it’s best to balance them with neutral elements, such as white or gray walls, to avoid overwhelming the space.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Cabinet Colors
Here are some important factors to keep in mind:
1) Color and pattern of black granite
The first and most important factor to consider when selecting cabinet colors is the color and pattern of the black granite countertops.
There are many shades and variations of black granite and each one will pair differently with cabinet colors. It’s important to choose a cabinet color that complements and enhances the natural beauty of the black granite.
2) Style and theme of the kitchen
The style and theme of the kitchen should also be considered when choosing cabinet colors. For example, if the kitchen has a modern or contemporary design, then sleek and minimalist cabinets may be the best choice.
Alternatively, if the kitchen has a more traditional or rustic design, then warm and textured cabinets may be a better fit.
3) Other design elements in the kitchen
It’s important to consider other design elements in the kitchen, such as the flooring, backsplash and appliances, when selecting cabinet colors.
All of these elements should work together to create a cohesive and balanced design.
4) Lighting in the kitchen
The lighting in the kitchen can also affect the appearance of cabinet colors. It’s important to consider both natural and artificial lighting when selecting cabinet colors to ensure that they look their best in all lighting conditions.
5) Personal preferences
Finally, personal preferences should be taken into consideration when choosing cabinet colors. Ultimately, the cabinets should reflect the homeowner’s style and taste and should make them feel happy and comfortable in their own home.
By taking these factors into consideration, you can choose cabinet colors that not only look beautiful with black granite countertops but also create a cohesive and balanced design in their kitchen.
FAQs – Cabinets Go With Black Granite Countertops
Should the countertop be lighter or darker than the cabinets?
This is a matter of personal preference. If you are looking to create a more contemporary look, lighter colors tend to work better. On the other hand, if you are looking for a classic style, darker colors can provide a richer feel.
Ultimately, it comes down to the overall design of your kitchen and what color combination best expresses that style. In the end, choose a color you will be happy with for years to come.
Do black countertops go with white cabinets?
Black countertops can be a great complement to white cabinets, as they create a bold and dramatic look. For example, if you have white cabinets in the kitchen or bathroom, black countertops can give the space an eye-catching contrast that adds depth and interest.
Black countertops also work well with other colors such as gray or brown, making them a versatile option for any room. For best results, pair your black countertops with white cabinets that are lighter in color than the countertop itself.
What is the most popular color for kitchen cabinets?
The most popular color for kitchen cabinets varies depending on the style of the kitchen and personal preference. However, white is one of the most commonly used colors for kitchen cabinets due to its timeless appeal and versatility that can adapt to any style. Neutral tones such as beige, gray and cream are also popular choices for kitchen cabinets as they provide a classic look that will never go out of style.
Dark colors such as black, navy blue and deep red are popular for a more modern or dramatic look. Finally, wood tones such as light oak or cherry are popular choices for a natural, warm feel in the kitchen space.
Are black granite counters out of style?
The short answer is no. Black granite countertops are still a popular choice for many homeowners and businesses, as they offer an attractive look that complements many different design styles.
While some trends may come and go in terms of the color or pattern of granite used, black granite remains a timeless option that will never truly go out of style.
Black granite is an ideal choice for countertops in both residential and commercial settings due to its classic, elegant look. It also has a high durability rating which makes it an excellent material for areas where there is likely to be a lot of wear and tear.
In general, light-colored cabinets are a good option to pair with black granite. However, it is important to consider the overall look of your kitchen before making a final decision.
If you have other dark elements in your kitchen design, such as appliances or hardware, then going with darker cabinets may be the better choice. Whichever route you choose, make sure that the colors complement each other and create a cohesive look in your kitchen.